Foster Care Case Manager ( Apply )
Provides full case management services to youth and families in our Adolescent Foster Care Program.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or a Human Services field (Bachelors Degree in Social Work preferred).
- Child Welfare License and at least 3 years of social work or case management experience( strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of child welfare services & case management services
- A demonstrated ability in working with youth and families.
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License and vehicle insurance.
- Must be available for on call rotation and have reliable transportation.
Bright Start School Age Floater ( Apply )
Hours: Full-time (32.5 hours) full-time 40 hours during summer
Qualifications: This individual must have 30 hours of credits from an accredited college or university with 6 hours related to school-age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. An Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development is preferred. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation, insurance and retirement.
Bright Start School Age Teacher/Pre-K Assistant ( Apply )
Hours: Part-time (28.75 hours per week) full-time (40 hours per week) during summer
Qualifications: This individual must have 30 hours of credits from an accredited college or university with 6 hours related to school-age child care, child development, elementary education, physical education, recreation, camping or other related fields. This individual must also have a paraprofessional Certificate. An Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development is preferred.
Bright Start Cook (full-time 30 hours per week) ( Apply )
To cook meals, grocery shop and maintain cleanliness of kitchen/kitchen equipment
- Cook = Prepare meals as planned for daycare
- Menu= Follow menu and make corrections only when necessary
- Grocery Shopping= Placing online food orders with food supply companies or purchasing @ local supermarkets
- Inventory= Maintain inventory of food items and kitchen supplies
- Cleaning= Maintain kitchen and kitchen equipment in a clean/orderly manner as outlined by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Stocking= Assist with keeping staff restrooms and kitchen/kitchenettes stocked with supplies
- Other= Other duties as assigned by Director or designee
- Minimum of 19 years of age
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current Food Sanitation License
- Previous experience preferred
Best Beginnings Nurse Home Visitor ( Apply )
The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the Nurse-Family Partnership program. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining highest standards in clinical practice and adherence to the NFP model. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the lead agency.
- Valid (state RN license required)
- BSN (preferred)
- Valid CPR required
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or psych nursing preferred
Helping Hands Skilled Tradesmen ( Apply )
Helping Hands Home Improvement provides handyman, construction, painting, carpentry, cleaning, electrical, plumbing, and other home improvement needs. This person will join our experienced crew in providing these services to meet customer demands.
- General carpentry (decks, wheelchair ramps)
- Installation (cabinets, windows, doors, siding)
- Drywall finishing
- Assist with general maintenance of UMCH properties/grounds
- Other handyman services as necessary
- Provide basic instruction/supervision to construction assistants
Qualifications/Licensing Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent with sufficient formal or informal training to assure the successful completion of duties. General working knowledge of carpentry, electricity, plumbing, and grounds keeping.
Bright Start Positions Available ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center accepts applications for the following positions:
- Part-Time Receptionist - To provide assistance to the Director and Assistant Director by completion of general/specialized duties and coordination of projects. Minimum of 19 years of age, High School Diploma or equivalent. ( Apply )
- School Age Teacher / Pre-K Assistant Teacher - This individual will be responsible for curriculum planning for school-age children and will also assist the lead teacher in the ISBE Pre-K classroom. ( Apply )
- Lead Teacher - Must be at least 19 years of age. Have 60 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Subsitute Teacher - These are PRN positions that will be utilized to cover openings for teachers/assistants during vacation, illnesses, maternity leave and personal days.
- Assistant Teacher - Must have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years (or) have a high school diploma or GED and one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center.
- Classroom Assistant - This position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a classroom.
- Floater - This position will provide breaks to the teachers and assistants, assist with minor cleaning and kitchen duties.
Professional Foster Parent ( Apply )
Our Professional Foster Parents provide stabilized care to a child between the ages of 12-16 years old who has special needs, which may range from routine to highly complex. In addition to providing a safe, healthy and nurturing environment, the professional foster parent will meet the developmental and emotional needs of the child to include maintaining and promoting a healthy relationship with the child's biological parents. Position requires:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- 5-7 years of proven, quality experience in social services preferred
- Current or previously licensed foster care providers preferred
All candidates must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise noted), possess a valid Illinois Drivers license and pass all required background checks & drug screening.
United Methodist Children's Home does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. UMCH is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on employment opportunities or if you have questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources Director Barb Richardson at (618) 242- 1070 ext. 229 or email.