Bright Start Child and Family Education Center Director ( Apply )
Responsible for the direct oversight of the staff and the day-to-day operations of a daycare facility in compliance with licensing standards
- Administrative - Assume the responsibility for supervision and conduct of the staff, supervise personnel and carry out policies, hire new staff as needed, develop center plans, policies, and procedures, and aid in developing classroom budgets, provide for the health, safety, and comfort of children, including fire drills, regulation of heating and air conditioning, and lighting, carry out emergency measures in case of illness, accident, fire or disaster, and reporting suspected child abuse or neglect, evaluate the teaching activities of staff and identify any problems with children’s physical, social, and emotional development, supervise food service staff and the cleaning of the facility, be responsible for scheduling of children in attendance and scheduling appropriate staff to supervise assigned classrooms according to teacher/child ratio, maintain a good relationship with school personnel and community leaders, attend educational seminars and workshops to continue to updated in the childcare field, exhibit professionalism at all times, contact parents concerning attendance, needs, and daily schedules, overall supervision of the program at all times
- Financial - Be responsible for all payments received from parents, ensure they are posted on a weekly basis on a computer tracking system, be responsible for a weekly posting of the food program information required by the State Board of Education, prepare all IDHS monthly reports and ISBE Food Program Reports required during the first week of each month
Applicants must be Director Qualified and have previous experience owning/operating a daycare, Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or comparable degree strongly preferred. Knowledge of ExceleRate Illinois also preferred.
Administrative Assistant ( Apply )
- Administrative Assistant - Provide daily administrative support to the members of the Executive Team and Business Team.
- Board Assistant - Assist with schedules, agenda, minutes, communication, set-up, etc. for Governing and Foundation boards and Committees.
- Minutes - Write minutes and provide support for various team meetings including Executive Team, Leadership Team, Business Team, and STARS.
- Policy Manual - Assist in writing new policies as directed (for Board Approval), distribute new policies & track employee compliance, update manuals as needed
- Cell Phones - Manage agency cell phones
- Interns - Recruit and interview interns and coordinate placement process with department heads.
- Insurance - Report claims, gather certificates of insurance, communicate changes in coverage, support the application process.
- Human Resources - Provide assistance that includes new employee paperwork and orientation, employee file management, recruiting (attending job fairs), and training assistance (scheduling, set up, communication).
- Lobby - Assist with agency phone and lobby coverage as needed.
- Other Projects - Maintain Paycom portal page, manage credit card points, make travel reservation, manage shirt orders, take photos of new staff and make staff ID badges, fill in for Community Connections and Bright Start Office Managers during vacancies, manage agency phone directory, Other projects or duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Licensing Requirements: Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
YouthBuild Construction Trainer ( Apply )
(Previously posted as Vocational Trainer)
Provide direct instruction to participants in both a classroom and on-site construction site, and to assist with all aspects of the construction process. Applicant must have High School Diploma, Associates in Carpentry preferred & previous construction or vocational training experience.
Therapist for Residential / Transitional Living Program ( Apply )
- Provide individual, group and family therapy with assigned clients
- Ensure counseling sessions are individualized to meet the treatment goals and interventions suggested by the DSM-IVR for the specific diagnosis of each youth
- Responsible for creation of Individual Treatment Plan
- Attend all clinical and case management staffings as necessary
- On-going treatment planning for youth with consultation of Residential Treatment Team
- Completion of Medicaid Service documentation for services provided
- Confer with Case Manager to ensure proper information is being shared for the completion of court summaries, Progress Reports, Individual Treatment Plans, Mental Health Assessments and other documentation required by the agency
- Complete Mental Health Assessments and annual re-evaluations as prescribed
- Complete quarterly review or revision of Individual Treatment Plans related to staffing and Mental Health Assessment outcomes.
- Participate in on-call rotation schedule as QMHP to provide necessary support, decision-making and counsel in crisis situations
- Master’s Degree preferred, but will consider Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or human service field, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in mental health treatment, social work or child welfare.
Registered Nurse Home Visitor ( Apply )
Registered Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the Best Beginnings / Nurse-Family Partnership program. RN Home Visitor is responsible for maintaining highest standards in clinical practice and adherence to the NFP model. Register Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for adherence to policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NFP and the lead agency.
- Valid (state RN license required)
- BSN (preferred)
- Valid CPR required
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or psych nursing preferred
Bright Start Positions Available ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center accepts applications for the following positions:
- Part-Time Receptionist - To provide assistance to the Director and Assistant Director by completion of general/specialized duties and coordination of projects. Minimum of 19 years of age, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- School Age Teacher / Pre-K Assistant Teacher - This individual will be responsible for curriculum planning for school-age children and will also assist the lead teacher in the ISBE Pre-K classroom. ( Apply )
- Lead Teacher - Must be at least 19 years of age. Have 60 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Subsitute Teacher - These are PRN positions that will be utilized to cover openings for teachers/assistants during vacation, illnesses, maternity leave and personal days.
- Assistant Teacher - Must have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years (or) have a high school diploma or GED and one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center.
- Classroom Assistant - This position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a classroom.
- Floater - This position will provide breaks to the teachers and assistants, assist with minor cleaning and kitchen duties.
Professional Foster Parent ( Apply )
Our Professional Foster Parents provide stabilized care to a child between the ages of 12-16 years old who has special needs, which may range from routine to highly complex. In addition to providing a safe, healthy and nurturing environment, the professional foster parent will meet the developmental and emotional needs of the child to include maintaining and promoting a healthy relationship with the child's biological parents. Position requires:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- 5-7 years of proven, quality experience in social services preferred
- Current or previously licensed foster care providers preferred
All candidates must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise noted), possess a valid Illinois Drivers license and pass all required background checks & drug screening.
United Methodist Children's Home does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. UMCH is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on employment opportunities or if you have questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources Director Barb Richardson at (618) 242- 1070 ext. 229 or email.