Clinical Director ( Apply )
Responsible for direction and oversight of the clinical work within Residential, Transitional Living and Foster Care programs.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the treatment philosophy and clinical approaches in Residential, Foster Care and TLP
- Individual and group clinical supervision for therapist (Res, FC, TLP)
- Group supervision could include other members of the treatment team, outpatient therapist and interns
- Offered to non-UMCH clinicians for a fee
- Oversight/approval of all Medicaid documentation requiring licensed clinical approval (i.e. MHA, ITPs)
- Oversight/direction on behavioral management and crisis intervention (TCI). Approves/oversees the crisis intervention model and related staff training
- Includes oversight/approval of ICMPS
- Provides leadership in the development of treatment policies/procedures in Residential, Foster Care and TLP
- Direct consultation on individual client cases
- Chair of the Utilization Review team/UR process
- Responsible to keep abreast of current trends and developments in psychology, social work, psychiatry and related fields
- Provides training to program staff and outside professionals on relevant areas
- Availability during non-business hours to provide support to on-call administrator regarding clinical issues as needed
- Masters of Social Work Degree or other human services field with LCSW or LCPC license strongly preferred (may consider license eligible)
- Experience in clinical mental health and intensive clinical treatment of children and adolescents
IT Assistant - part time ( Apply )
Provide assistance to the IT Coordinator with services related to computer networking, management information technology and systems as well as supporting current electronic systems such as phones and copies when applicable.
- Troubleshooting both hardware and software problems on workstations
- Configuring and installing both hardware and software on workstations
- Updating inventory of all electronic hardware and software
- Providing assistance to employees for both hardware and software devices
- Manage agency networking tasks including wiring, troubleshooting, etc.
- Associates Degree and/or certification in networking required
- Associates Degree in IT-related field and/or certification in networking preferred
Knowledge and/or professional experience in networking required
Grant Writer - full time or part time ( Apply )
Responsible to research grant programs, write funding applications, and coordinate and lead the activities of a grant department
- Monitoring publications and lists for funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Researching new funder leads to see if there is a potential match with their interest and our mission & programs
- Creating applications and proposals for corporations, government and foundations including budgets and schedules
- Writing follow up communication and project reports with funders as needed to satisfy reporting regulations and relationship building
- Maintaining a schedule of all grant and reporting deadlines
- Identify and cultivate community partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred, previous grant writing experience required
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Be proficient in research
Possess the ability to work independently
Bright Start Positions Available ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center accepts applications for the following positions: Teacher, Classroom Assistant, Full-Time and Part-Time. Qualifications vary on position. Must be 19 years of age.
Subsitute Teacher ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center is currently seeking substitute teachers. These are PRN positions that will be utilized to cover openings for teachers/assistants during vacation, illnesses, maternity leave and personal days off. Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma, college credits in Early Childhood Education strongly preferred.
Lead Teacher ( Apply )
Must be at least 19 years of age. Have 60 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Assistant Teacher ( Apply )
Must be 19 years of age. Have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years (or) have a high school diploma or GED and one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center. Associate degree in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Classroom Assistant ( Apply )
Full time position (40 hours per week). This position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a classroom. Applicants must be at least 19 years of age. Have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for age birth to six years plus one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
Floater ( Apply )
Full time position (30 – 32 hours per week). This position will provide breaks to the teachers and assistants, assist with minor cleaning and kitchen duties.
Floater/Substitute Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college or university with 6 hours in early childhood education or child development strongly preferred.
Professional Foster Parent ( Apply )
Our Professional Foster Parents provide stabilized care to a child between the ages of 12-16 years old who has special needs, which may range from routine to highly complex. In addition to providing a safe, healthy and nurturing environment, the professional foster parent will meet the developmental and emotional needs of the child to include maintaining and promoting a healthy relationship with the child's biological parents. Position requires:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- 5-7 years of proven, quality experience in social services preferred
- Current or previously licensed foster care providers preferred
Full-Time Mental Health Specialist ( Apply )
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
All candidates must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise noted), possess a valid Illinois Drivers license and pass all required background checks & drug screening.
United Methodist Children's Home does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. UMCH is an equal opportunity employer.