Helping Hands Skilled Tradesmen ( Apply )
Helping Hands Home Improvement provides handyman, construction, painting, carpentry, cleaning, electrical, plumbing, and other home improvement needs. This person will join our experienced crew in providing these services to meet customer demands.
- General carpentry (decks, wheelchair ramps)
- Installation (cabinets, windows, doors, siding)
- Drywall finishing
- Assist with general maintenance of UMCH properties/grounds
- Other handyman services as necessary
- Provide basic instruction/supervision to construction assistants
Qualifications/Licensing Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent with sufficient formal or informal training to assure the successful completion of duties. General working knowledge of carpentry, electricity, plumbing, and grounds keeping.
Spiritual Life / Volunteer Coordinator ( Apply )
Increase Spiritual awareness within the UMCH setting & be responsible for all aspects of volunteer development (recruitment, retention and recognition).
- Establish relationships with all Residential and TLP clients
- Coordinate, plan, and execute events and activities for youth/staff
- Offer individual/group spiritual life support to clients/staff
- Develop creative methods to engage clients (ie: music, recreation)
- Develop volunteer program (Recruitment, Retention, etc.)
- Responsible for matching volunteers to agency opportunities and provide on-going support and training.
- Public speaking to churches, community and civic organizations to increase awareness of the agency and volunteer opportunities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have a good understanding of the Christian faith and a demonstrated history of designing worship experiences, especially as they relate to youth
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Public Speaking Experience
- Must be a self starter who can use creative ideas to engage our youth
- High School Diploma or equivalent required-ordained minister preferred
Clinical Director ( Apply )
Responsible for direction and oversight of the clinical work within Residential, Transitional Living and Foster Care programs.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the treatment philosophy and clinical approaches in Residential, Foster Care and TLP
- Individual and group clinical supervision for therapist (Res, FC, TLP). Group supervision could include other members of the treatment team, outpatient therapist and interns. Offered to non-UMCH clinicians for a fee
- Oversight/approval of all Medicaid documentation requiring licensed clinical approval (i.e. MHA, ITPs)
- Oversight/direction on behavioral management and crisis intervention (TCI). Approves/oversees the crisis intervention model and related staff training. Includes oversight/approval of ICMPS
- Provides leadership in the development of treatment policies/procedures in Residential, Foster Care and TLP
- Direct consultation on individual client cases
- Chair of the Utilization Review team/UR process
- Responsible to keep abreast of current trends and developments in psychology, social work, psychiatry and related fields. Provides training to program staff and outside professionals on relevant areas. Availability during non-business hours to provide support to on-call administrator regarding clinical issues as needed
Qualifications / Licensing Requirements
- Masters of Social Work Degree or other human services field with LCSW or LCPC license strongly preferred (may consider license eligible)
- Experience in clinical mental health and intensive clinical treatment of children and adolescents
Bright Start Positions Available ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center accepts applications for the following positions:
- Lead Teacher - Must be at least 19 years of age. Have 60 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Subsitute Teacher - These are PRN positions that will be utilized to cover openings for teachers/assistants during vacation, illnesses, maternity leave and personal days.
- Assistant Teacher - Must have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years (or) have a high school diploma or GED and one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center.
- Classroom Assistant - This position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a classroom.
- Floater - This position will provide breaks to the teachers and assistants, assist with minor cleaning and kitchen duties.
Professional Foster Parent ( Apply )
Our Professional Foster Parents provide stabilized care to a child between the ages of 12-16 years old who has special needs, which may range from routine to highly complex. In addition to providing a safe, healthy and nurturing environment, the professional foster parent will meet the developmental and emotional needs of the child to include maintaining and promoting a healthy relationship with the child's biological parents. Position requires:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- 5-7 years of proven, quality experience in social services preferred
- Current or previously licensed foster care providers preferred
Full-Time Mental Health Specialist ( Apply )
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid Illinois Driver's License
All candidates must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise noted), possess a valid Illinois Drivers license and pass all required background checks & drug screening.
United Methodist Children's Home does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. UMCH is an equal opportunity employer.