YouthBuild Construction Trainer ( Apply )
(Previously posted as Vocational Trainer)
Provide direct instruction to participants in both a classroom and on-site construction site, and to assist with all aspects of the construction process. Applicant must have High School Diploma, Associates in Carpentry preferred & previous construction or vocational training experience.
Bright Start Positions Available ( Apply )
Bright Start Child and Family Education Center accepts applications for the following positions:
- School Age Teacher / Pre-K Assistant Teacher - This individual will be responsible for curriculum planning for school-age children and will also assist the lead teacher in the ISBE Pre-K classroom.
- Lead Teacher - Must be at least 19 years of age. Have 60 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years. Associate degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Subsitute Teacher - These are PRN positions that will be utilized to cover openings for teachers/assistants during vacation, illnesses, maternity leave and personal days.
- Assistant Teacher - Must have 30 hours of college credits from an accredited college with at least 6 hours in courses related to child care, child development or early childhood education for ages birth to six years (or) have a high school diploma or GED and one year of child development experience in a nursery school, kindergarten or licensed day care center.
- Classroom Assistant - This position will be responsible for assisting a classroom teacher in the general supervision and management of a classroom.
- Floater - This position will provide breaks to the teachers and assistants, assist with minor cleaning and kitchen duties.
Professional Foster Parent ( Apply )
Our Professional Foster Parents provide stabilized care to a child between the ages of 12-16 years old who has special needs, which may range from routine to highly complex. In addition to providing a safe, healthy and nurturing environment, the professional foster parent will meet the developmental and emotional needs of the child to include maintaining and promoting a healthy relationship with the child's biological parents. Position requires:
- Requires a High School diploma or equivalent, some college desirable
- 5-7 years of proven, quality experience in social services preferred
- Current or previously licensed foster care providers preferred
All candidates must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise noted), possess a valid Illinois Drivers license and pass all required background checks & drug screening.
United Methodist Children's Home does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or handicap. UMCH is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on employment opportunities or if you have questions about the application process, please contact Human Resources Director Barb Richardson at (618) 242- 1070 ext. 229 or email.